The Assistant Buyer is an effective, credible colleague who can work collaboratively with other company departments, and positively represent the Commercial team both internally and externally. The Assistant Buyer has responsibility for assisting with the procurement process for multiple developments and also for assisting with supplier relationships.
What you will do:
- Work alongside other departments in the Regional Business Unit to advise on costs and delivery of materials on a site-by-site basis
- While maintaining a high level of quality throughout, assist with the preparation of schedules and negotiate orders for materials with various external suppliers
- Monitor our invoicing procedures and resolve any issues
- Monitor and evaluate our stock, the quality of materials and the performance of our subcontractors
- Assist in seeking ways to reduce costs to the business and in the processing of invoices and other payments
- Undertake regular site visits
What you will have:
- Understanding of best practice procurement tools and techniques is preferred
- A knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience in the procurement and purchase of subcontractors, materials and plants is preferred
- Articulate, numerate, analytical with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office and working knowledge and experience of COINS preferred).