We are working with a leading national developer who are looking to strengthen the team with an Assistant Development Manager to be based from their office in Essex / East London and to work on major projects across the South East.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 plus package and a clear, defined career progression plan with great opportunities.
- General – To support the Regional Development Director and senior members of the Development team in the efficient running of the Development function. To support the preconstruction process via the project team from handover to completion.
- Financials – To support the Regional Development Director and senior members of the Development team in their responsibility to ensure overall financial viability of development is maintained and controlled at all times
- Legal – Responsibility to support (Senior) Development Manager in their responsibility to ensure overall legal requirements are met for a development
- Planning – Responsibility to support (Senior) Development Manager in their responsibility to ensure planning consent is secured (Region dependent)
- Internal Governance – Responsibility to support (Senior) Development Manager in their responsibility to secure internal governance approval
- To assist the Development Manager in the progress of potential new developments or phases through the technical, legal, planning and financial hurdles to the stage of signing off the Budget Pack and starting on site.
- Assist the Development Managers in their work with the Land / New Business department during the pre-development programme.
- Support the Development Team in facilitating early Handover of prospective Development sites from the Land / New Business Team to the full Project Team
- Assist senior members in the Development Team in settling the Construction Budget and programme, monitoring all Developments through a thorough review of development coordination checklists on a regular basis.
- Liaison with the Legal department / appointed Solicitor / Technical department as required to ensure all relevant documentation is available at the requisite time including:
- Conveyance Plans
- Section 38 / 104 Agreements
- Open Space Agreement
- Service Wayleaves / Easements
- Freehold Transfer Contracts
- Maintain the principles of Investors in People.
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Company’s ISO9001 accreditation.
- Support the Group Environmental Policy.
- Assist the Development Managers in preparing and submitting a Post Investment Review and Ensure Project Close out Reports are completed and concluded, where appropriate via the Technical Team.
- To undertake any other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
- A general background knowledge in property combined with a relevant qualification
- Experience in a Development Trainee role or similar
- Degree level educated or relevant experience
- Experience in assisting non-standard residential developments through the critical elements of the development cycle.
- To support the pre-construction process via the project team from handover to completion
- Capable of working in a team of people and coordinating the different contributors to a project
- An ability to prioritize and delegate as appropriate, to ensure all aspects of the job are completed to standard and on time.
- Ability to effectively negotiate, motivate and communicate in order to influence others to ensure that the required programmes are met.