assistant development manager – housebuilding
Location: Cambridge (1 day per week with hybrid working)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, design-led housebuilder as Assistant Development Manager, working on placemaking schemes in the Eastern region, across Cambridgeshire and Essex.
Dynamic and entrepreneurial, this company is a great fit if you’re looking to work in a supportive but ambitious environment with clear career progression.
Based in Cambridge one day per week, you will be part of the development team reporting directly to the Development Director and working closely with a Development Manager.
You will work on sites, taking them from the acquisition team and ensuring their smooth progress through planning, design and delivery. This role offers hybrid working, with one day a week in the office in Cambridge and the rest from home / on site. You are, however, welcome to work from the office more regularly if you wish. The salary for this role is £30,000 – £40,000 plus company benefits which include pension, private healthcare and bonus.
To be suitable for this role, you will be either a Land, Planning or Development Graduate ready to take the next step up or an Assistant Development Manager looking for a new challenge / more dynamic and less bureaucratic environment.
- Working with the Development Manager on individual projects across sites
- Ensuring projects align and achieve the company’s objective e.g. design specification and financially
- Developing company profile
- Driving projects through planning, design and delivery.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Degree qualified and ideally property related
- Experience of the residential property / house building market
- Currently working for either a housebuilder or development agency
- Understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious