this is a fantastic opportunity to join a national housebuilder as a materials buyer in the sevenoaks area.
office near sevenoaks with sites across the whole of kent and parts of sussex.
as a materials buyer you will report directly to the buying manager or commercial manager and be responsible for the selection and procurement of building materials for various new build housing schemes across the whole of kent and parts of sussex.
who will be considered
the job is well suited to either a well-established materials buyer with experience working with a housebuilder or a sales manager, account manager or branch manager with a large merchant/materials supplier who is looking to make a career change.
on offer is an attractive package consisting of base salary between £35,000 to £45,000 exp dependent, plus car allowance, bonus, healthcare, 28 days holiday, good pension, share incentives, and lots more.
- research into new materials and technologies.
- schedule and place material and plant orders.
- pre-start meetings.
- material cost schedules and budgets.
- assessing quotations and supplier’s schedules.
- monthly site material accruals.
- resolve invoice queries with the accounts department.
- cost control & budgeting.
- successful negotiator.
- benchmarking and analysis of build costs.
how to apply
got this far and like what you’ve read, you can hit the big blue ‘apply now’ button or if you wish to arrange a chat drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org