buyer (private housebuilder)
this is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable, private housebuilder as a materials buyer in the norfolk region.
office based in norwich.
as a materials buyer you will report directly to the buying manager or commercial manager and be responsible for the selection and procurement of building materials for various new build housing schemes across east anglia.
who will be considered
the job is well suited to either a well-established materials buyer with experience working with a housebuilder or a sales manager, account manager or branch manager with a large merchant/materials supplier who is looking to make a career change.
the package & benefits
- salary package of £35,000 – £45,000 (Depending on experience)
- Discretionary bonus
- car allowance or company car
- research into new materials and technologies.
- schedule and place material and plant orders.
- pre-start meetings.
- material cost schedules and budgets.
- assessing quotations and supplier’s schedules.
- monthly site material accruals.
- resolve invoice queries with the accounts department.
- cost control & budgeting.
- successful negotiator.
- benchmarking and analysis of build costs.
contact details/how to apply
If you like the sound of this position, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org