Commercial Business Partner/Group Quantity Surveyor
group surveyor (agile working)
Are you an experienced Surveyor looking for your next opportunity in housebuilding?
Are you looking for AGILE WORKING?
An exceptional opportunity to join a reputable, national housebuilders as an Group Surveyor/Group Business Partner based Coventry. You shall be covering areas across Warwickshire, through to Hertfordshire.
- To harmonise and embed the Commercial Ways of Working consistently in all Divisions which will include assisting to implement the proof of concepts and cost reduction levers developed during the Simple Site Margin subcontract and material workstreams plus supporting with ongoing monitoring and compliance.
- To be responsible for updating the Commercial Ways of Working on Datum and act as the first point of contact for associated questions and escalations.
- Operate within the latest defined standard specifications, using the approved documentation, process, systems, and source information on our document management portal (Datum).
- Support the Group Commercial Director to prepare and deliver training to commercial and procurement teams.
- Lead in preparing input materials and outputs for commercial and executive forums and attending where required.
- Prepare and plan commercial reviews and be responsible for collating outputs and insight and facilitating the continuous improvement that follows.
- Regularly maintain the standard cost library content to ensure that our cost plans / estimates are as accurate and current as possible.
package on offer:
- £45,000 – £55,000 Basic (Depending on experience)
- Car Allowance + Mileage coverage
- Discretionary bonus
- Agile & flexible working policies
This role would suit an aspiring Commercial Manager. As well as having a relevant degree or MRICS accreditation or be working towards the latter you will have finance, quantity surveying or commercial management experience. In addition, you will have:
- A knowledge of commercial ways of working in construction / housing / infrastructure
- Experience in tracking, measuring and analysing commercial metrics using KPIs
- the ability to forge relationships at all levels and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- strong skills in project management and planning
- the capacity to thoroughly complete a project / task from start to finish
- an excellent analytical skillset with a measured approach to decision making
- the ability to self-manage in order to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- advanced written and verbal presentation skills
- good construction material and subcontract market knowledge
- proven experience in procuring, negotiating and drafting high value construction subcontracts
- knowledge of relevant forms of contract and a sound commercial knowledge
Contact details/how to apply:
If you like the sound of this position, please get in touch with email@example.com