We are working with a privately owned developer that is exceptionally well funded and have access to a large pool of capital. Because of this they have been acquiring new development opportunities and have a large portfolio of projects coming through the pipeline.
They have a development pipeline across multiple projects in London and south east and because of this are looking to appoint an experienced construction director to oversee construction on current and future schemes and to head up the project delivery team in London and south east. You would have 5-6 live schemes at any one time and are a mixture of new builds and refurbs.
You will have previous experience of large complex rc city centre projects and have demonstrable track record of delivering projects with gdv of £50m – £200m that are rc framed and multi -phased. You will be degree educated and have professional qualifications (ciob, mrics or riba) and be used to managing complex internal and external construction delivery teams.
The business is rapidly growing and extremely entrepreneurial, so you thrive in fast paced environments and be comfortable making executive decisions. You will form part of the senior management team and report directly into the ceo. You will have a team of project managers, site managers and also oversee the quantity surveying team so will ideally have experience of running procurement.
You will be an experienced construction director or senior projects director who is either working for another residential developer in London or a tier 1 main contractor
- Degree qualified with professional qualifications (rics, riba)
- Experienced development director who has worked for a developer contractor
- demonstrable experience of developing and delivery complex business strategies
- understanding and background in advising investment committees on construction and project delivery aspects on potential purchases
- detailed background in procuring and assembling supply chains including tier 1 main contractors and advisory consultancies.
- experience in complex London project delivery would be advantageous
- previous experience of building and develop high performing teams
previous background of developing new processes and procedures in construction teams