Are you an engineer with extensive experience in precast concrete construction projects?
We are working with a privately owned developer that is exceptionally well funded and has access to a large pool of capital. Because of this they have been acquiring new development opportunities and have a large portfolio of projects coming through the pipeline.
They have a development pipeline across multiple projects in London and south-east and because of this are looking to appoint an experienced development director to oversee the delivery of construction on current and future schemes and to head up the project delivery team in London and south east. You would have 5-6 live schemes at any one time and are a mixture of new builds and refurbs.
You will have previous experience with large complex rc city centre projects and have a demonstrable track record of delivering projects with gdv of £50m – £200m that are rc framed and multi-phased. You will be degree degree-educated engineer with extensive experience in precast concrete construction projects and be used to managing complex internal and external construction delivery teams.
The business is rapidly growing and extremely entrepreneurial, so you thrive in fast-paced environments and be comfortable making executive decisions. You will form part of the senior management team and report directly to the ceo. You will have a team of project managers, and site managers and also oversee the quantity surveying team so will ideally have experience in running procurement.
You will be an experienced construction director or senior projects director who is either working for another residential developer in London or a tier 1 main contractor
- Managing the building program of all projects
- Overseeing the procurement process for main contractors via a preferred supplier list
- Working closely with internal and external teams to mitigate risk and value engineer projects
- Being part of the senior management team that reports to investors on the growth and success of the business.
- Degree-qualified engineer
- Detailed background of precast concrete construction projects.
- Experienced development director who has worked for a developer contractor
- demonstrable experience of developing and delivering complex business strategies
- understanding and background in advising investment committees on construction and project delivery aspects of potential purchases
- detailed background in procuring and assembling supply chains including tier 1 main contractors and advisory consultancies.
- experience in complex London project delivery would be advantageous
- previous experience in building and developing high performing teams
- previous background in developing new processes and procedures in construction teams.