development manager – housebuilding
Location: Cambridge (1 day per week with hybrid working)Salary: £65,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, design-led housebuilder as Development Manager, overseeing housebuilding sites in the Eastern region, across Cambridgeshire and Essex. Dynamic and entrepreneurial, this company is a great fit if you’re looking to work in a supportive but ambitious environment with clear career progression.
Based in Cambridge one day per week, you will be part of the development team reporting directly to the Development Director. You will be tasked with taking sites from the acquisition team and ensuring their smooth progress through planning, design and delivery. This role offers hybrid working, with one day a week in the office in Cambridge and the rest from home / on site. You are, however, welcome to work from the office more regularly if you wish. The salary for this role is £65,000 – £80,000 plus company benefits which include pension, private healthcare and bonus.
To be suitable for this role, you will be either an Assistant Development Manager ready to take the next step up or an experienced Development Manager looking for your next challenge.
- Managing and coordinating individual projects across sites
- Ensuring projects align and achieve the company’s objective e.g. design specification and financially
- Developing company profile
- Driving projects through planning, design and delivery.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Degree qualified and ideally property related
- Experienced Development Manager or Assistant Development Manager ready to make the step up
- Experience of driving housebuilding projects through the development process
- Currently working for either a national housebuilder or development agency
- Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team