Are you a development manager or project manager with super prime residential development experience in London?
Do you want to leave the cold uk winter behind and relocate to Los Angeles and fancy overseeing developments for the stars in Beverley hills, los angeles, San Francisco or pal alto?
I am working with one of the world leading super prime developers that is based on the west coast of America and they are looking to recruit 2 x developments managers and specifically want to attract the best talent from the UK and ultra prime market of London.
The client specializes in single unit mega mansion or luxury family residences or high rise uber chic apartment blocks in cities. Over the past 18 months they have expanded rapidly and need to double the team over next 12 months due to projects pipeline.
You will be well educated with a construction related degree, ideally construction management, surveying or architectural, and have a minimum of 4 years working as a development or project manager on super prime central London projects.
You will currently be a development manager working for on one of London ultra prime developers and used to dealing with build costs £4,000 sq ft +. You will have a fine eye for detail and understand the nature of dealing with exacting client requirements with properties selling for £10m – £50m. You will be comfortable dealing with high profile clients and understand how to successfully develop and manage client relationships.
The role of a development manager is to manage high value and high profile construction projects from early stage conceptual design through design and ultimately onto site and successful delivery. You will be responsible for appointing external consultants and managing the tender and contract with the main contractor.
You will be the company lead on schemes and as such you will be running your own business within the business. You will be expected to manage a team of internal architects, surveyors and junior project managers so you will have to be capable of managing and adding value to the whole project lifecycle.
Critically you will be passionate and focused about what you do and strive for perfection in what you delivery.
- Degree educated in a construction related degree
- 4 years + experience of working as a development manager on super prime projects in london
- experience of being the project lead and managing multi-disciplinary teams of architects, surveyors, project managers
- detailed knowledge of managing projects from early conceptual design through to construction and successful delivery
- must have managed main contractor tender and procurement process
- experience of working on projects with £4,000 + per sq ft build costs (sale price £10m +)
- high performing property professional that has aspirations to reach pinnacle in their career
- comfortable and used to dealing with high profile clientele and managing their expectations
- previous experience of mentoring and developing junior team members.