My client is a high end house builder and developer who are renowned for designing and building bespoke properties, many of which sell off plan before general release. The company is far from the PLC world and operate in quality over quantity, usually dealing with one off large residences to smaller developments around 10-15 units in prestige and popular locations throughout Kent and East Sussex. They are good at what they do and are well established within this market. Usually they will be selling around 30-40 units per annum but envisage this to rise slightly in the next few years.
Due to expansion because of continued success and reputation, they are now looking for a Document Controller who can assist various teams within the business and ensure activities are carried out in a satisfactory and accurate manner. Due to the size of the business being relatively small (around 15-20 people) you will be tasked with assisting the various in house teams including design, technical, commercial, construction and also the Managing Director as and when required.
The salary for this role is £30,000 – £35,000 per annum plus company benefits.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to have prior experience in a Document Controller or Assistant position within a housebuilder or developer working on residential projects. You must have good knowledge of the building process from cradle to grave and be willing to get stuck in and assist various in house teams along the way.
- Uploading and downloading drawing and other associated info.
- The liaison with external consultant teams, architects, engineers etc and managing all incoming and outgoing information.
- Filing of drawings and other information.
- Collecting and the upload of comments from the project teams on to the internal system.
- Promoting standardised formatting across documents.
- Creating excel templates for in house office use.
- Undertaking internal audits for accreditation.
- Supporting in house teams such as commercial, construction, design and technical with all relevant documentation.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to prioritise and multi task when needed.
- Good time management skills.
- A close eye for detail.
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- A good team player who is not afraid to get stuck in.
- Good knowledge of working on residential projects (ideally one off builds or small developments however NOT essential).