At tdm recruitment we are currently working on behalf of one of the fastest growing housebuilders in the Midlands who are looking to strengthen their Engineering arm of their Technical Team by additionally hiring a Civil Engineer.
Our client focuses on building quality new homes attracting buyers valuing unique properties built to the highest standard. With developments positioned in the most attractive locations and their luxury designs have enabled them to break the mould and grow as a business.As an Engineer, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and the Technical Director. You will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundwork’s packages for current and future residential developments.You will be expected to:
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- Oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 Agreements
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
To be successful in the role, ideally you will be:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Ability to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities
- Ability to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
- Individual who is computer literate. Experience of design software packages such as PDS or MicroDrainage is desirable although not essential
For more information regarding this vacancy, please apply today.Please do not apply if you are not based in the UK.