finance executive (operations)
salary: £30k – £35k basic annum (+ bonus)
hours: Monday 8.30am-5.30pm, Fridays 8.30am-2pm
location: Mondays & Wednesdays in the Canterbury-based office, flexible working rest of the week
Are you looking for a role where you can really make a difference? Do you have experience with payroll and invoicing as well as having used or perhaps rolled out finance-based technology, like Xero or QuickBooks?
If yes, we are the UK’s leading property recruitment company and we would like to hear from you. Having just celebrated our 15th year running, we are a small but mighty team of recruiters who have worked diligently to become the go-to specialists in the residential real estate recruitment market.
If you are a confident, detail-orientated, data-driven Finance Executive, we would love for you to join our team and help us create an in-house finance department. You will be working closely with our Managing Director and Operations Manager, helping to set-up our finance department and help oversee the day-to-day running of said department.
With this job you can put your stamp on something right from the start and see it grow as the business does too!
The role of the Finance/Operations Executive at tdm is to oversee the daily running of our accounts, helping to ensure financial reports and tasks are completed correctly and on time. You will be the gatekeeper of tdm’s financial technology, responsible for helping to ensure clients are invoiced, payroll is managed, financial reports are prepared and any other accounts or operational-related tasks are done to standard.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Finance/Operations Executive will be a key member of the Operations team and will enable tdm to be able to manage their accounts internally, successfully. As you will be a member of the Operations team, there will be occasional instances where you will be asked to help with operational-based tasks, such as assisting with our CRM or helping to create training programmes for our team.
To be good in this role, you will have excellent mathematical skills, be detail-orientated, follow instructions well, and enjoy developing and adhering to processes.
This will be a key hire for tdm, and we see this post holder naturally progressing to a more senior position as we move our operations and financial departments in-house.
responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining timely and accurate financial records using tdm’s financial technology applications
- Preparing invoices and sending them to clients as well as, verifying, processing and filing accounts
- Ensuring payments, amounts, and records are correct on our customer records application systems
- Reconcile payments and bank statements with the company’s financial records
- Chasing clients with reminders when invoices are due and assisting with resolving client payment issues
- Tracking clients in terms of spending increase/ drop off and alerting MD/Ops to ensure correct client management
- Monitoring the accounts’ email inbox and responding where appropriate to stakeholders
- Maintaining an up-to-date finance activity tracker of tdm’s financial accounts.
- Working with the Operations Manager to prepare financial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual)
- Helping to contribute to the development of financial forecasting
internal expenses & payroll:
- Processing employees’ expense requests once approved by the Operations Manager/Director and ensuring spending is kept within budget
- Assisting with the company’s payroll every month, including sending out payslips via our app (X) before the pay date
- Maintaining payroll processing systems, making sure our records and data is always clean and up-to-date
- Working with the Operations Manager/Director to compute take-home pay, based on leave, benefits, and taxes
- Adhere to payroll policies and ensure tdm’s internal accountancy processes remain up-to-date and ensuring compliance (with the help of the Operations Manager)
- Complete payroll report for record-keeping
- Staying informed about changes in financial regulations affecting the company
- Ensuring client information and key client data are kept up-to-date and clean via our apps, including our CRM JobAdder.
- Making sure terms/PSL documents and any other vital client documents are signed and kept up-to-date
- Creating internal reports for the senior team
- Work with the Ops Manager to create internal training programmes and packs
- Assisting the Directors on interview booking and email management and any other ad hoc similar duties
- Assisting the Operations team when needed on any ad hoc tasks
- Undertaking company or individual training, when requested.
- JA data checking/ management – managing analytics and communicating with team leaders/ consultants on successes/ training issues