We are working with one of the leading privately owned house builders in kent that is looking to expand its senior management team with a head of commercial or commercial director to head up the quantity surveyor, estimating and procurement team.
The business currently does around 130 units per annum but after a large capital injection at start of 2022 they are now ramping up to build 350 units by end of 2025 and need an experienced surveyor or estimator who has a background of working in house building.
The role will initially focus out building out cost base estimations from scratch for new projects you will working closely with the land and development team in assessing and doing viability reports on new sites. This is particularly critical as they are now souring and buying larger plots of land that can produce 100 + units.
Ideally you will be an estimator or surveyor with detailed estimating experience but it is also important that you have a good black book of suppliers as buying and procurement will be under your remit.
You will report directly into the new managing director and also sit on the senior management team. You will be invited to join the profit share bonus scheme as well so you will share in the success of the wider business as it grows.
This role would be great for a commercial manager who is looking to make their next step up to head of department or an experienced commercial director who is looking for their next challenge.
- Degree qualified
- An experienced commercial manager or commercial director from kent house builder house builder
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering 100+ unit housing projects
- Detailed understanding of pulling together cost base estimations from scratch
- Experience of managing and building teams of quantity surveyors, estimators and buyers.
- Very ambitious and of director calibre