We are seeking a Land and Planning Manager to join our growing Land team, ideally with experience in the Northern Regions
The Land business has grown from its establishment 3 years ago to a team of 7 with over 9,000 residential units and 15m sq.ft of industrial land under planning promotion. We are continuing to expand and require a Strategic Land and Planning Manager to help source new and manage existing projects.
This role is based in Leeds and focuses primarily on the identification of strategic land opportunities and the management of the strategic land process from inception to completion. This involves managing the key stages from identification of land and navigating planning processes with the opportunity to stay involved right through to the successful delivery of the schemes.
A key aspect of the role will be to utilise your planning and spatial expertise to secure new opportunities. You will identify land that is suitable for allocation for housing and industrial development. You will analyse and understand planning policies and local political / procedural priorities to deliver a successful outcome.
This opportunity is primarily focused on strategic land and therefore would suit an individual who thrives on building long term relationships and enjoys multiple long-term schemes. The role is offered with significant room for development and career progression.
The preferred applicant will demonstrate:
- Track record of managing strategic land opportunities through planning to a successful outcome
- Experience of strategic land gained within a similar Development Company or via Consultancy
- Alternatively, you may have experience gained in planning within local government and be looking for an opportunity to work within a developer
- The preferred candidate will ideally be RTPI or RICS qualified
- Up to date Planning legislation and policy at a national and regional level
- A track record of delivering strategic land opportunities
- Managing job specific fee budgets and consultant appointments