£55k basic plus bonus and package
Manchester/ Newcastle/ Edinburgh
Are you an experienced land buyer/ acquisitions manager within the solar farm industry, perhaps you are a rural surveyor or land buyer from house building and looking to move into the renewable energy development space? If so we want to speak with you.
Our client is a leading national solar farm and battery storage developer that is looking to strengthen its acquisitions team with 3 x land buyers. Your role will be to source, review, negotiate and then purchase land to build solar farms and battery storage facilities on.
They have a team of 2 already in the acquisitions function and they are looking to expand after a big capital injection from private equity. Ideally you will already be working in the solar pv development industry and we are very keen to hear from candidates working for rural surveying practises or land buyers from house builders that have a keen interest in renewable energy.
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one and as such you will be given a high level of autonomy to grow and develop your development pipeline on land.
The role is mainly remote/ flexi working and you will only be required to attend land team meetings in the London office once every 3 weeks.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 3-4 land deals a year.
- Degree qualified and ideally property related
- 3-6 years post grad experience working for a renewables developer, rural agency or house builder in a land buying role.
- Natural born deal maker doing 3-4 land deals a year consistently.
- Experienced Land buyer, land manager or acquisitions executive who has proven background in sourcing land
- A understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.