An exceptionally well funded privately owned property investment and development company is looking to appoint a land director to open up a new region in keent/ surrey. You will oversee site acquisition in the south east patch and in particular surrey, kent and sussex. Since inception 10 + years ago the business has operated in the private sales residential market and build high quality family homes in desirable locations.
The land Director will report directly into the Chief Executive and manage a team of land buyers, you will write, deliver and oversee the land acquisition strategy and play a critical role in growing the business and its activities. It is expected the once enough land has been bought that you will move up into a managing director role and then recruit a senior team around you.
You will be an experienced Land director who has operated in the surrey, kent, sussex house building market. You will have a portable book of contacts that you can bring with you to the business. It is critical that you have managed teams of land buyers before and have a demonstratable experience of write and delivering 3-5 years business strategies.
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one and as such you will be given a high level of autonomy to grow and develop the business unit as you see fit. This is a real opportunity to grow and develop your career to managing director level at a fast pace. They will sell 150 units this year with a projected output of 225 in 2022 and 300 in 2023.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 3-4 land deals a year.
- Degree qualified and ideal property related
- Natural born deal maker doing 3-4 land deals a year consistently.
- Experienced Land Director who has proven background in central London.
- Currently working for either a privately owned house builder, national residential developer or high profile investor
- Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.