I am working with one of the leading national house builders that is looking to appoint a land director to head up the land function in the Birmingham office. The business unit delivers both private sale housing and partnerships schemes in the west midlands and you will be inheriting a team of 6 in land.
The business is already a well-established brand in the midlands and producing circa 500 units per annum with growth plans to reach 750 in the next 3 years. The land team is 6 strong with a senior group that will enable you to do your job effectively.
You will be an experienced land director who has a strong track of not only buying land but also a detailed experience of managing a land team. You will have a good understanding of both open market land buying along with partnership deals.
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one and as such you will be given a high level of autonomy to grow and develop the business unit as you see fit. This is a real opportunity to grow and develop your career to managing director level at a fast pace.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 3-4 land deals a year.
- Degree qualified and ideal property related
- Natural born deal maker doing 3-4 land deals a year consistently.
- Experienced land director who has run 500 + unit business previously
- Good level of experience in sourcing JV partnership deals with housing associations.
- Demonstratable track record of souring and acquiring land in Birmingham, west midlands, east midlands or warwickshire.
- Currently working for either a national residential developer or housing association in the midlands area
- Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.