An exceptionally well-funded privately owned property investment and development company is looking to appoint a land director. You will oversee site acquisition in the southeast patch and in particular surrey, Berkshire and Sussex. Since its inception 10 + years ago the business has operated in the private sales residential market and build high-quality family homes in desirable locations.
The land Director will report directly to the managing director and manage a team of land buyers. You will write, deliver and oversee the land acquisition strategy and play a critical role in growing the business and its activities. You will manage a small team of land buyers so you must have had previous experience of team management.
You will have 7 years + in house building and be a land director or senior land manager looking to take the step up, who has operated in the Surrey, Berkshire and Sussex house regions.. You will have a portable book of contacts that you can bring with you to the business
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one and as such you will be given a high level of autonomy to grow and develop the business unit as you see fit. This is a real opportunity to grow and develop your career at a fast pace.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 3-4 land deals a year.
- Manage and mentor a team of land buyers to not only achieve business goals but develop future leaders
- Source and acquire land in surrey, Berkshire and Sussex, working closely with land agents and land owners
- Overseeing and coordinating current projects post-acquisition and working closely with the technical and planning team to deliver to the site
- Writing monthly board reports on the land department
- Liaising with the inhouse new business team to further develop partnerships with housing associations
- Working with the town planners to keep up to date and abreast of new policies in the operating area.
- Degree-qualified and ideal property-related
- Natural born deal maker doing 3-4 land deals a year consistently.
- 7 years + experience in the house building industry.
- Experienced Land Director who has a proven background in Surrey and Berkshire
- Currently working for either a privately owned house builder, national residential developer or high-profile investor
- Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.