What you’ll be doing?
This team is responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments. It’s fast moving and, in today’s climate,extremely competitive and commercial in its focus.
While we need to be commercial and competitive in bidding for sought after land, we also need to be imaginative in identifying other possibilities – such as land that currently doesn’t have planning permission.It’s a complex area of our work, and one that’s under intense commercial scrutiny and pressure. It’s also the life of our business, which makes this team’s work even more vital and far-reaching. Entrepreneurial and imaginative in your thinking, you’ll need to be a good assessor of risks, and an even better relationship builder.
Reporting to the Senior Land Manager or Development Director, to assist the Development Director and Land Department in securing an adequate land bank to meet the needs and targets of the business.
You willbe expected to:
- Identify potential development opportunities through a range of methods, e.g. thorough examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of uses, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base
- Manage acquisition of sites, leading project acquisition from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning, through to pre-start on the sites acquired
- Liaise with relevant divisional departments, e.g. Sales/Technical, and external consultants if required, throughout the land appraisal and bid process, and during planning application
- Monitor the Division’s land database including site registration, development plans and offers submitted
- Maintain and expand the Division’s key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners
- Assist the Development Director on major projects and with other relevant duties as required
- Ensure provision of information in timely and accurate manner to assist with/ drive the production of Land Packs for authorisation
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Undertake community engagements as necessary
What you’ll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- You to be familiar with all aspects of land purchase (maximization of offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) – sales, commercial, technical, design, legal aspects
- Individual ideally qualified to degree standard in a relevant subject, e.g. Planning, Property Surveying, Technical Engineering, and with membership of a Professional Institute
- Sound geographical knowledge of the area.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Articulate, clear and credible individual who is able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities
- Knowledge and use of business contacts, land owners and speculators, and key players in relevant organisations, e.g. English Estates, Housing Associations, Environmental organisations
Our Company and Benefits
We’ve been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs. We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.Specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Health Assessment
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies