We are seeking a Residential Land specialist, either at Assistant or Manager level, ideally with experience within the Yorkshire Regions.
We are seeking to grow our Land function to secure opportunities for residential development across multiple tenures (including Open Market Sale, Built to Rent and Affordable).
With the main patch within the Yorkshire & Humber region, but with a wider national presence, we seek both immediate and strategic sites. We operate a multi-outlet strategy that looks at both immediate and strategic sites to add value to. Our exit routes include building out ourselves, onward sale and delivery in partnership. While this role will involve identifying opportunities for all such strategies, a particular focus initially will be around the partnerships model.
This role will suit someone in a similar role with a competitor either in the region or relocating into it, or someone within a residential development team either in land agency, development consultancy or planning, but interested in or specialising within land acquisition and strategic land.
The role will include:
- Sourcing sites through in house and publicly available software systems and databases as well as using the land registry
- Making direct contact with land-owners and reviewing land opportunities
- Keeping up to date with planning policy and Local Plan changes and involvement
- Collaborating with consultants and colleagues to identify wider opportunities and feed into the Group strategy
- Building / maintaining and agency contact / network
You will ideally have:
- At least two years in a residential development role
- Experience of the Affordable Housing market and Partnerships model (but not essential)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- A network in or knowledge of the Northern region, but experience in other regions would also be acceptable
- Access to a car and a full driving license (essential)