Are you currently a land director, operations director or managing director for a house builder in Surrey and looking to make a career move?
Are you currently working for a National PLC house builder and dreaming of leaving the bureaucracy and internal politics behind and getting on with property development and buying land?
Do you want to be part of an entrepreneurial environment and deliver design-led houses?
We are currently recruiting a Managing director for a privately owned house builder in Surrey. They build a high-quality design-led product that caters to the family home market The business delivered 160 units last year but will be on track to do 180 units in 2024 and the product continues to sell well even in the current climate.
Ideally, you will be an existing managing director or operations director for a house builder but if you are a land director looking to make the step up then I would be very keen to speak with you.
You will be dynamic, determined and have an entrepreneurial mindset as the role is looking for someone with plenty of energy and enthusiasm to make a real difference and grow a business rapidly and the market bounces back. You will be used to managing large internal and external teams and also setting 12 – 36 months strategies.
It is critical that you have operated at pace and a house builder of scale (400 units + ) as the client is looking for you to devise and embed new processes and systems so they can have a smoother and more efficient business.
You will ideally come from a land buying or development background as there is going to be a big drive on land acquisition over the next 18 months and the role will be predominately overseeing the day-to-day running of the business there is also the need to take a hands-on approach to land buying.
You will report directly to the group chief executive who oversees several different property businesses and you will have a team of 4 heads of department reporting to you. Based in Surrey but operating across Berkshire, Sussex, and southwest London.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of a 200-unit house-building company
- Set the 12 – 36 months strategy and execute it alongside the 4 heads of department
- Play an active role is sourcing and acquiring land for new developments.
- Being a key point of contact for investors and banks and attending quarterly investor meetings
- Having oversight of the construction delivery to make sure houses are delivered on time and to budget.
- Setting and developing a positive and entrepreneurial culture where anything is possible
- 10 years + experience in house building
- Currently a managing director/ operations director looking for a career move or a land director keen to make the next move up the ladder.
- Have experience working for a National PLC house builder and be comfortable with complex reporting
- Have written and then delivered a successful 12-36 months business plan and strategy
- Proven leader and effective team manager. You must have a clear demonstration of developing high-performing teams with a positive and inclusive culture
- Very ambitious and driven and you will be keen to get hands dirty in the trenches with the team
- Motivated and able to motivate people and teams with positive actions.