Job Title: Planning Manager
Location: UK-West Yorkshire-Leeds
In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Planning Manager to join our team within our Leeds office. As our Planning Manager you will be responsible for design and planning of the regions’ residential developments and managing the planning process to meet departmental objectives, in accordance with the Company’s best practice and procedures
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Free private healthcare from your start date
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Architecture or Planning Degree or Degree in Design, such as, Urban Layout, Landscape, Architectural Technology or Relevant experience in the industry.
- At least 3/5 years’ experience working within a residential house builder
- Knowledge or other design packages (photoshop, JPA designer, sketch-up)
- Experience or people management and project leading.
- Able to influence and persuade others to their point of view.
- Capable of implementing change and of using their initiative.
- Resilient, positive, confident and assertive but diplomatic.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Able to manage and lead a team.
- A good communicator/listener.
- An awareness of the social and environmental impact of your work.
- Capable of strategic vision
- Decision making/problem solving/multi-tasking
- Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
- MRTPI qualified
- Achieved or working towards part 3 architect accreditation
- Achieved or working towards a BSc or an NVQ in Architectural Technology
- Membership of the (CIAT) Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists or the RIBA
- Examples of how they have shown they have kept up to date with developments in the field, such as, short courses.
More about this job…
- Manage and contribute to the preparation of layouts and planning matters for all sites.
- Organise and programme external project teams, ensuring targets and deadlines are met for planning applications.
- Take the lead in discussions with all relevant bodies and Local Planning Authorities, in conjunction with external project teams, and engage with the public and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the land department in the preparation of planning appraisals for new land opportunities.
- Be the Region’s design and planning champion.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Land Department in conjunction with the other land personnel.
- Prepare design and planning briefs, tender packages and commission works being undertaken by external consultants in the preparation of planning applications.
- Ensure the team are meeting the Company’s health and safety commitments and attend all relevant training.
- Provide an effective handover to the regional business following the grant of planning permission to ensure a smooth and efficient site start is achieved for each development.