I am working with a privately owned house builder in Bristol that is looking to strengthen its team with a town planning manager.
You would work closely with the rest of the team and report directly in the group Technical Director. The region is buying a lot of land and also has a couple of large strategic sites that are coming through the system.
The business is one of the leading privately owned house builders with offices across the country and deliver circa 250 units per annum in the south west with plans of growing to 500 units in the coming years. The product is one of high quality and they tend to focus on family homes in desirable locations. As such the role will give you an opportunity to work on projects that will be of real interest.
You will be a town planner who has a detailed experience of working on residential planning applications. Ideally you will have a good working knowledge of the south west region and understand the current policies in these areas.
You will be either currently working for a developer looking at making a career move, a planning consultancy and looking to make your first move across to the developer side or alternatively currently work at a house builder as a planner.
You will be a bright, articulate and ambitious planner who wants to take control of the planning function.
· Degree qualified and RTPI.
· Ideally you will be 3-4 years post-graduation
· Be currently working for a planning consultancy or local authority and looking to gain client/ developer side experience.
· Bright, ambitious and determined for success.
· Currently working for either a national residential developer or high profile investor or agency.
· Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
· A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
· Determined, hungry and ambitious.
· Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.