I am working with one of the fastest growing privately owned house builders in the uk who are looking to recruit a planning manager for their kent office.
You will be an experienced town planner with detailed experience of managing planning application on immediate and strategic sites. You will be used to managing both internal and external consultants on both short term immediate projects and large multi-phased masterplan on strategic land.
You will ideally be working for house builder in a planning manager role or in consultancy at associate director level and have had experience of running planning applications for national house builders. You will be experienced in dealing with planning applications in kent, surrey and London.
You will report into the regional land & planning director but manage a small team, you will be given a high level of autonomy to run the regional planning function.
- Managing current and future planning applications
- The appointment and coordination of external planning consultants to oversee workloads on applications and appeals
- Support the land buying team on appraisals on future land purchases
- Keep the planning director updated on monthly reports for each project you are handling
- Keep abreast and current on planning policy changes or updates in Kent local authorities.
- Degree qualified with MRTPI
- 6 plus years post graduation experience.
- Currently working for a house builder in a Planning manager role or consultancy as an associate director
- Good knowledge and experience of handling planning applications in kent, surrey and London
- Detailed experience on large complex strategic land planning applications
- Detailed experience on 100 unit plus projects
- Director calibre and motivated to succeed