My client is a leading privately owned house builder and developer in Kent who have recently had a large sum of cash injection. Due to continued growth and a number of new projects coming through, they are looking for a Project Manager to join their construction team who has the ambition to step up in the next 12-18 months to a Construction Manager. On offer is a salary up to £80k basic plus package (car, fuel, pension etc).
The company has a strong reputation for quality over quantity. They are far from the likes of the PLC world, knocking out high numbers and using standard house types. They pride themselves on designing and building high end, bespoke developments in popular locations that people like to live with many of their residential developments selling off plan prior to site release. Unit sizes on developments will generally vary from around 12 units up to 80 units in size and with the project numbers increasing, they need a good Project Manager to come on board and join a relatively small bur energetic and friendly team.
Reporting in to the Construction Director, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of 4-5 Site Managers and effectively be the right hand person to the Construction Director, dealing with issues and running the team in their absence. They want someone to come in as a Project Manager is looking to be with the business long term and has ambitions and the drive to step up to Construction Manager in the next 12-18 months. You will look after the day to day running of the business whilst working closely with other in house teams and especially working closely with the customer care team on any issues that may arise on the sites you’re overseeing.
This role would suit experienced Senior Site Managers who feel their ready to take the step up in to a Project Management position or those already in a Project Management position looking for a new challenge. There is the room for growth in the business and there will be ongoing support and training to get you to move up to the next level however the determination and ambition needs to be there in order for the company to drive you forward. You will need to have experience working and overseeing residential developments, ideally on bespoke developments, however those looking to move away from the PLC world with companies such as Redrow Homes, Taylor Wimpey, Countryside, Vistry, Berkeley Homes etc will also be strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a great time to join a growing business in a very busy market in Kent and become part of the longer term plans moving forward.
- Experience working on residential developments.
- An experienced Senior Site Manager or Contracts Manager looking to take the step up in to a Project Management position or an already strong Project Manager looking for a new challenge.
- Confident in overseeing 4 to 5 Site Managers on a residential developments ranging from 12 units up to 80 in size.
- Has the drive and ambition to succeed and move in to a Construction Manager position in the next 12-18 months.
- Calm under pressure whilst striving to get the job done. A team player who can work closely with other in house teams.
- Able to hold the reins when needed and keeping the Construction Director updated regularly.