Quantity Surveyor (hybrid working) – Brentwood – £42,000 to £56,000 + Package
I am currently working a PHENOMENAL 5 Star housebuilder located in Brentwood who are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor who will manage all of the Commercial aspects for specified developments within the region’s portfolio of remediation projects.
The role would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor or aspiring Assistant QS looking to step up, with a thorough knowledge across all areas of construction techniques RC Frame, Traditional Masonry and Timber Frame.
You shall be responsible for all project cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
Critically and firstly, you will be an efficient operator & have a consistent track record of effective cost management of developments.
You will also have a strong eye for detail and be proven to deliver work to a high standard.
- To manage of all Commercial aspects of each project
- Maintain all cost control procedures working within the guidelines set out within the Group policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction which the company may employ, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC requirements.
- Cost reports
- Process Subcontract orders, payments, and variations, using Excel and Group payment system (COINS) in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions, always aware of budgetary constraints, and ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations more than the respective allowances.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
- Responsible for accurately controlling all commercial aspects and responsibilities with regards to the Client/Building ownership
- Ensure compliance with Group IT systems.
- Cost implications
- Ensure that adequate controls and disciplines are in place and adhered to, constantly striving to review and update existing processes and procedures.
- Budget preparation and cost to completes,
- Manage the material and plant budgets, authorisation of supplier procurement and monitoring the maintenance of development budgets and cashflows.
- Collaborate with and coordinate a strong working relationship amongst key stakeholders within the business.
- Training of and understanding of COIN’s (essential)
- A thorough knowledge across all areas of construction techniques RC Frame
- A strong analytical cost background with the ability to assess, analyse and evaluate the financial stability of sites through financial reporting.
- A thorough understanding of Surveying, Buying and Estimating, with a specific and in-depth knowledge of preparing realistic construction budgets.
- Experience of working as a D&B Contractor on refurbishment projects on buildings whilst in occupation would be highly advantageous but is not essential.
- An understanding of external influences affecting the housing and property markets, with acute business acumen, vision, and strategic capabilities.
Contact details/how to apply:
If you like the sound of this position, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org