This is a fantastic opportunity to join a National Housebuilder as a Senior Materials Buyer in the Brentwood area. As a Senior Materials Buyer you will report directly to the Buying Manager or Commercial Manager and be responsible for the selection and procurement of building materials for various new build housing schemes across Essex & East London. You may also be tasked with mentoring duties of more junior or inexperienced Buyers within the department.
The job is well suited to either a well-established Senior Materials Buyers or a Materials Buyer with housebuilding experience ready to make a step up.
Key Responsibilities: –
- Research into new materials and technologies.
- Schedule and place material and plant orders.
- Pre-start meetings.
- Material cost schedules and budgets.
- Assessing quotations and supplier’s schedules.
- Monthly site material accruals.
- Resolve invoice queries with the Accounts department.
- Cost Control & Budgeting.
- Successful Negotiator.
- Benchmarking and analysis of build costs.
Hit Apply or to learn more, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org