My client is a well established and reputable private house builder who have been going for well over 30 years. They design and build, attractive, bespoke housing which sets them well apart from the likes of larger PLC’s. It is due to this success that they are now looking to hire a Senior Engineer. On offer is a salary up to £70,000 basic + package.
Reporting in to the Technical Director, you will essentially be the go to person for all engineering queries in the business and will be tasked with managing a team both externally and internally whilst working closely with other in house functions of the business. You will need to be ambitious, hard working and a good problem solver and have the desire to step up in the future as there will be plans to further grow the business in the next 12-18 months. They have a strong land bank behind them with plenty of new projects coming through so this is the perfect time to join and become part of something opposed to just a number.
You will need to be working at another house builder or developer working on residential developments at Civil Engineer or Senior Engineer level and must be able to demonstrate these skills as you will essentially be heading up the department so must be confident in your skill set and background. Individuals who have extensive experience working on residential developments with clients such as house builders in consultancy will also be considered.
- Experience working on residential developments of 50 units plus, ideally for a house builder or developer.
- Be an experienced Civil Engineer or Senior Engineer with around 5+ years experience in the field.
- Individuals with experience working for house builders as clients on residential projects in consultancy may also be considered.
- Be able to oversee design and detailing carried out by external engineering consultants providing designs for roads, sewers etc including section 38’s, 104’s and s278’s agreements.
- Able to handle negotiations with external bodies (sewage, highway authorities etc).
- Computer literate. Software packages such as PDS or MicroDrainage is desirable but not essential.