Estimator / Senior Estimator£56,000 to £71,000 package
WarringtonThe Opportunity:TDM Recruitment are supporting a Commercial Director of a premium 5-star housebuilder, based in the Warrington area.
My client are looking to attract an experienced Estimator (or Senior Estimator) to join their high performing commercial team.
The primary purpose is to produce competitive and innovative tenders, proposing the right costs to the highest quality and accuracy. To be successful at this, you will need to draw on your substantial construction knowledge and consider alternative solutions and value engineering.
- Assessment and co-ordination of tender bid and pre-contract activities
- Management and co-ordination of the Estimating Function
- Preparation of tenders – from first principles
- Adjudication of tenders
- Following up tender submissions
- Delivering key cost information within cost reports, assessments, analysis and recommendations in relation to all cost and estimating matters.
- Maintaining strong relationships with external consultants and subcontractors
- Industry relevant experience in a similar role ideally as Estimator or QS
- An in-depth understanding of the commercial aspects and financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
- Commercially astute
- A clear communicator
- A Quantity Surveying or Construction related degree or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations Excellent planning, project management, organisation and decision-making capability
- HNC, degree or similar degree related to this role