Do you want to become head of land or land director in the next 12 months?
Do you want to be the first executive into a new region for a privately owned house builder?
I am working with one of the UK’s fastest growing privately owned house builder that is expanding its Birmingham business and is looking to recruit a new senior land manager with a focus on buying sites in Birmingham, west midlands, east midlands and warwickshire
You will be given a clear progression path to land director and critically you will be given a stack of cash to go do deals as the company has heavy private equity investment. The business is already a well-established brand in the midlands and producing circa 200 units per annum.
You will be an experienced land manager who has a strong network of contacts at the leading housing associations in the midlands. The business does 50% of its deals under partnership agreements or JV’s with housing associations and its critical that you have a demonstratable track record with partnership deals. You will be either a land manager ready to make the next step up or and experienced senior land manager looking for their next challenge.
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one and as such you will be given a high level of autonomy to grow and develop the business unit as you see fit. This is a real opportunity to grow and develop your career to managing director level at a fast pace.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 3-4 land deals a year.
- Degree qualified and ideal property related
- Natural born deal maker doing 3-4 land deals a year consistently.
- Experienced senior Land manager or land manager ready to make the step up.
- Good level of experience in sourcing JV partnership deals with housing associations.
- Demonstratable track record of souring and acquiring land in Birmingham, west midlands, east midlands or warwickshire.
- Currently working for either a national residential developer or housing association in the midlands area
- Detailed understanding of the planning application and appeals process.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.