Senior QS (agile working)
I am currently working with a very busy region of an EXPANDING, reputable housebuilder located in Norwich who is seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. This is due to the acquirement of multiple sites which is requiring extra resources throughout the increasing Commercial department.
Despite the current noise about the economy, this business is cash rich, and is aggressively working on 4-5 major projects throughout Eastern England across the course of 2023 and have ambitious plans to grow the business from 600 units to 2000 units within the next few years.
You will report to the Commercial Manager & will be responsible for assisting with the management and running of a team of very bright, but inexperienced surveyors.
Within this role, you will be expected to complete cost and value analysis, provide financial forecasts, and manage your client’s requirements whilst completing accurate site valuations and contract variations, as necessary.
Critically and firstly, you will be an efficient operator & have a consistent track record of effective cost management of developments.
You will also have a strong eye for detail and be proven to deliver work to a high standard.
- Cost Control & Budgeting
- Subcontract Orders
- Cost Value Reconciliation
- Subcontracts Management
- Final Accounts
- Benchmarking & analysis of build costs
- Cost Engineering
- Degree (or HNC) qualified Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum of 6 years of practical experience
- Previous experience working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within a Housebuilder or Main Contractor.
- Demonstrable experience of overseeing sizeable schemes for a housebuilder or main contractor.
- Experience in Contract/Quantity Surveying and construction budgets and ability to demonstrate knowledge in all areas of construction techniques and mixed tenure schemes
Contact details/how to apply:
If you like the sound of this position, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org