Due to an expansion of our Research team we are looking for a Senior Researcher/Associate to work alongside our Research Director.
My client is a research led business focused across a series of clearly defined high growth areas. We are seeking a Senior Researcher / Associate to further our leading position across these areas as well as supporting close long-term relationships with our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to build expertise in a market leading environment.
The focus of the role can be developed around the skills and experience of the individual. However, the work of the Research team is focused on the areas in which they have leading positions;
– Science and technology
– Carbon capture and natural capital
– Residential development
The Oxford – Cambridge Arc is the geographical focus of some our work, but many of our business areas have a national remit and reputation.
Within this position you will get the chance to visit our different offices and support key speakers with seminars and events.
What you’ll be doing:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to take the lead on a series of regular research outputs as well as initiate new projects, working closely with the business and its clients. Specifically, the role will:
• Contribute to the research programme planning process, developing and delivering on execution plans for projects.
• Develop and execute project management plans for regular reports and one off research programme outputs.
• Manage and liaise with research consultants / academics when commissioned on projects.
• Undertake research for in-house projects
• Author reports and blogs across regular reports and one off research programme outputs.
• Ensure publications are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
• Liaise with the marketing and communications team to ensure maximum business impact is achieved.
• Engage closely with the business and provide support across a range of areas.
• Build relationships with existing and potential clients, providing research input to projects including research instructions.
• Approximately 5+ years of previous real estate research experience.
• Good working knowledge of one or more of their areas of expertise, and a keenness to build knowledge and experience in others.
• An innovative thinker with a desire to build knowledge in rapidly evolving sectors.
• Experience undertaking qualitative and/or quantitative research.
• Experience engaging with senior leaders in the business and our clients.
• Project management experience.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
• Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects.
• A self starter with a collaborative attitude.
The role can be flexible in terms of both working arrangements and hours, although travel to our offices and the schemes on which we work will be needed. The role will report into our Research Director but will work closely with our research consultants, clients and different teams across the business.