team leader recruiter
salary: £35k – 50k basic annum + OTE, bonus
hours: Monday 8.30am-5.30pm, Fridays 8.30am-2pm
Are you a seasoned recruiter who enjoys running an organised desk, with clear ideas on how a team can work best together? Or perhaps you have dabbled in recruitment and organisational roles (e.g. office manager, Personal Assistant, etc.) and are now looking for a challenge that combines your skillset?
If yes, we are the UK’s leading property recruitment company and we would like to hear from you. Having just celebrated our 15th year running, we are a small but mighty team of recruiters who have worked diligently to become the go-to specialists in the residential real estate recruitment market. We are now looking to hire a Team Leader at senior level for our Sales & Marketing team. In this role, you will be reporting to our Director and be responsible for ensuring jobs are worked to standard and your team (currently of 2 but looking to expand) is run efficiently.
Quarterly billings target = £37,500 Team Quarterly billings target = £150,000
As the Team Leader within the Sales & Marketing team at tdm, you will be responsible for organising the day-to-day management of tasks and creating a seamless operational desk in which everyone knows what is expected of them and how to deliver.
You will be working closely with the teams’ Director who will cascade work from repeat and new clients, and it will be your job to ensure these jobs are prioritised and worked to a high standard.
You will be directly line managing two junior recruiters, who will need your direction and support to ensure daily tasks are done effectively and efficiently. You will be able to put in your own organisational methods but must also make sure your team is adhering to the company’s over-arching processes and practices (e.g. data cleaning, etc).
Alongside making sure your team is run effectively, you will also be responsible for achieving your own quarterly billings target of £37,500.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Sales & Marketing team
- Ensure workloads are managed and responsibilities communicated
- Oversee that all information is correctly and promptly put into the CRM
- Create team processes that will ensure everyone is clear as to their responsibilities and the expectations placed upon them
- Line manage 2 junior recruiters
- Work with the Director and the Juniors to manage the complete recruitment cycle
- Be able to undertake business development and work-winning exercises when needed and guided by the Director(s)
- Work with the Director to maintain client care and establish new and long-lasting relationships
- Identify potential opportunities for more work either for your team or others
- Set and develop KPIs and revenue targets for each team member you manage
- Provide the Director with regular reports, such as your teams’ activities/billings
- Oversee/lead weekly team meetings
- Manage monthly 1-2-1s with your team members
- Be responsible for the identification of internal recruitment training needs for your team
- Look for new ways to better your team’s working/environment & work with the senior team to effectively implement these changes
- Champion marketing/content produced by the marketing team
- Be part of the hiring process for new additions to your team
- Complete company or individual training when requested
- 4+ years recruiting experience (high-street, estate agency, office angels background would be fine)
- minimum of 1-2 years line management experience
- experience in leading team meetings/ running them day-to-day
- experience in mentoring and developing talent from junior level i.e. ability to set and manage career development, including facilitating monthly 1-2-1s
- confident in managing and reviewing data/ activity analytics
- proven track record of billing success
- experience implementing processes & getting buy-in from the team
- highly-organised, with a high-level of detail
- personable – enjoys motivating others and seeing them succeed
- motivated and success-driven but not solely about billings
- data-driven & process-driven
- patient but directive– able to calm a team but also steer everyone
- match tdm values
- team player
- natural communicator & likes teaching others
- enjoys problem-solving/challenges
- easy-going temperament
- Hybrid working environment between Canterbury office and remote work
- Flexible working hours
- 25 basic annual leave days, plus the chance to gain an extra day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 28 days
- An additional 3 days extra leave in December as well as a day off for your birthday
- 2pm close every Friday
- Mobile phone monthly usage reimbursements
- Fun monthly, team catch-ups
- Career coaching
We’re always adding more benefits depending on the feedback of our team!