I’m working with an exceptionally well funded house builder and developer who are looking to recruit a Technical Director. The company have a high number of sites currently underway across various stages of the development cycle ranging from low rise traditional housing to apartment blocks across the Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire regions. They have a strong land bank behind them as well for the next few years and are continuing to actively buy land.
As Technical Director, you join a well established technical and engineering team and report directly in to the Managing Director. You will be be responsible for the effective running and performance of the technical and engineering team in delivering technical, planning and approval support for all projects within the region.
You will ideally need to be an existing experienced Technical Director or Head of Department within a house builder or developer and individuals with PLC experience looking for something different will be of additional interest. You will have prior experience of managing projects and understanding the cradle to grave development cycle but must also be able to confidently manage in excess of 6 + people at anyone time from Assistant level up to Senior.
The company is a busy region pushing out 500 units + per annum with future plans to grow this number over the next few years. They are an enjoyable company to work for and have a great existing team in place who each support each other with the common vision of excelling. On offer is a competitive salary and package as well as ongoing support from those around.
- Ideally degree qualified and ideally property related.
- Experience at Technical Director or Head of Department level already.
- Experience of overseeing projects but what is more important is proven people management skills as you will be managing in excess of 6+ people at one time.
- Experience working for a house builder or developer on residential developments. Ideally on low rise traditional housing and apartment blocks.
- Confident in keeping the Managing Director and advising at Board level with regular updates.
- Able to manage budget, staff costs and have a keen eye for value engineering.
- An enthusiastic individual who is able to regularly drive the team.