About the job
What you’ll be doing?Our Planning teams manage the spectrum of areas of the planning system on behalf of the Company. In an ever-changing planning environment, our teams have experience in influencing the formation of planning policy, strategic land promotion, handling the development management process and implementing community engagement strategies.
Depending on the position within the team, you may be working on the identification of future land acquisition opportunities, devising planning strategies, managing consultant development teams, drafting the statements required for the submission of planning applications and delivering immediate or long term planning projects on a variety of scales. As part of this process, you will be involved in partnership working and liaison with a variety of planning authorities, local stakeholders and local residents.
Reporting to the either the Planning Manager, Design Manager or Technical Director, to produce sketch layouts for land offers. To produce and collate information for planning applications and submit and monitor their progress. Also to liaise directly with the planning authority in progressing applications and discharging conditions.
You will be expected to:
- Manage all facets of the day-to-day promotion of all current planning application
- Produce both sketch and detailed planning layouts by hand and using CAD
- Produce Design and Access Statements, non-standard house type planning drawings, elevations and long sections in support of planning applications
- Submit planning applications
- Liaise directly with – and respond to the comments of – planning authorities and statutory consultees to ensure the successful outcome of the planning application process
- Manage all external consultants involved in the planning applications/promotions
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Undertake community engagements
What you’ll need?To be successful in the role,we are looking for:
- Graduate level – Planner or Chartered Surveyor
- Previous experience with a local authority, house builder or private consultancy
- Experience in planning policy/DC and project management
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Possession of driving license and, ideally, good knowledge of the local area
- Ability to work on their own initiative, self-manage and prioritise own workload and manage assistant
- Computer literate with use of CAD essential
Our Company and BenefitsWe’ve been nationally recognised as a 5-star house builder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Health Assessment
- 25 days’ holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years’ continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies