trainee recruitment consultant
(come and join our commercial & technical team)
Salary: £23,000 plus bonus
Location: Canterbury office x 2 days a week, remote x 3 days a week
How does work freedom, clear career development, and the opportunity for huge earning potential sound to you? Good, great even – because if so, that’s just some of the benefits a career in recruitment will get you.
You can safely say goodbye to stagnant salary increases and dingy corner offices, and hello to a career in which you can directly get back what you put in as well as opportunities to determine your own work/life balance.
You’ll be working with us – the leading property recruitment company that for the last decade has cultivated a variety of well-known clients, including FTSE 100 housebuilders. We hire from across the property cycle, specializing in recruiting for roles within Land & Planning, Sales & Marketing, and Technical Design and Engineering.
As a trainee recruiter, you’ll be given ample time to learn what being a recruiter means along with the tools you need to succeed. Joining our Commercial & Technical Design team and reporting to our Associate Director, you will be helping to oversee the candidate recruitment cycle. You’ll be helping to source CVs, speak to candidates, arrange interviews, and help your team members with any outstanding tasks.
In return, you will be rewarded with a working environment that prioritises your development, listens to your ideas, and gives you the autonomy you need to deliver tasks. We’re a small team and our values which include honesty, curiosity, and bravery are woven into everything we do. We work hard to make a working environment that encompasses everyone, and offer a variety of benefits including 2pm finishes every Friday, additional annual leave days, career coaching, volunteer days and fun-based, monthly catch-ups (last event we went Axe Throwing).
To help get a better understanding of what your working week may look like, some of your general responsibilities will include:
- Managing the complete recruitment cycle on the candidate side. This starts with research/ identification and goes through to CV and interview management, ending with the successful candidate starting in their new role.
- Selling and marketing of active candidates who are looking to make career moves. This can be through email or phone contact with both existing and prospective clients as well as using third-party sources such as LinkedIn.
- Managing and updating the company database in a timely and effective fashion.
- Assisting your team where needed on any appropriate duties relating to assignments or client jobs.
You’re going to be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have a track record of high achievements with proven examples
- Have previous sales experience
- Are self-motivated, enjoy hitting targets, and can easily build strong relationships
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are driven, curious, and enjoy working at pace
- Match our company values
our workplace benefits:
We have many benefits, but take a look at some of our best ones below:
- Hybrid working hours and location, mixed between working in our central Canterbury office and working remote
- Flexible working hours
- 25 basic annual leave days, plus the chance to gain an extra day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 28 days
- An additional 3 days extra leave in December as well as a day off for your birthday
- 2pm finish every Friday
- Mobile phone monthly usage reimbursements
- Fun monthly, team catch-ups
- Career coaching
If that wasn’t enough, we are always adding more benefits determined by what our team values or needs to succeed!
Please note, that while we do offer flexible working arrangements for the first few months we expect you to follow the standardised hours of 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am – 2pm on a Friday. This will be so that you can learn the systems, processes and learn what it means in general to be a recruiter with tdm recruitment. This will change to a more flexible working pattern once you are more settled within the role.
curious to find out more?