For TDM’s next Top 10 blog the team of consultants at TDM have decided to revisit the interview stage of any residential property job application. In this Top 10 blog we shall be covering the most common Top 10 questions that potential employers may ask you during an interview.
If you have not had an opportunity to read our other Top 10 reasons blogs then it would be highly recommended to visit these other blogs to help you get your next dream property job!
TDM’s Top 10 question areas and how you could respond are:
- What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?
- You should respond with strengths that are relevant to the job, therefore it is essential that you have you reviewed the job description’s main points
- You could focus on areas such as team working, communication, problem solving etc. etc.
- Furthermore, you should be able to relate your previous experience to these areas
- If there is a focus on weaknesses select one which is not directly related to the job. You should then be able to say how you have worked to reduce that being a weakness
- Why do you want to work here?
- It is essential that you have researched the company in question thoroughly prior to the interview, otherwise you may have a lack of information about the company to be able to answer this adequately
- Review the company’s facts and figures, such as their annual reports which should be able to provide a good overview of the company
- Remember this is less about the job, but whether you have done your research about the company and whether you would be a good fit for the company
- What do you know about us?
- It is essential you research the company to be able to answer this question to know enough to be able to answer it adequately
- What do you believe the job will be day to day?
- Remember to read the job description so that you can focus on what the job will be like day to day
- Why did you leave your last position?
- Most of all do not criticise your previous employer
- Ensure you focus on the skills and experience gained from your previous employer
- What would your last boss say about you?
- Use your previous reviews and appraisals to provide an answer to this question
- The question may focus on a minimum number of points, such as three points your last boss said about you
- What makes you satisfied in your job?
- Use examples from your current or previous role that strongly interested you, whilst illustrating skills and experience that are relevant to the new position.
- What hobbies and interests do you have?
- Remember this is an opportunity to show you have a personality and interests outside of your job
- However, remember to be able to show how these interests relate to the job description
- What are your salary expectations?
- You may wish to respond to this by saying what you have previously earned or a range that you would accept
- Consider researching what is the average for the role, industry and areas in which the job is located
- What animal would you be?
- This is a set of unusual questions that the potential employer may pose to you
- There is rarely a right or wrong answer it is more to see how you respond to unexpected or unusual situations
After that remember to view our latest jobs below or search and apply for your new dream property job now!