Technical Coordinators primarily coordinate internal and external contractors to ensure the design determined is met and incorporated correctly. They work closely alongside both architects and contractors to help achieve the required aims
Most technical coordinators come from an architectural background such as an architectural technician or architectural technologist, however this is not always the case.
Some example responsibilities for a technical coordinator include:
- Meeting with Clients to agree the project brief
- Overcome practical performance & functional issues
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues
- Contribute to planning applications and other procedures
- Design & Drafting CAD documentation
- Reporting to either the Technical Manager or Senior Technical Manager
- Assisting in large schemes as part of a team
- Work alone on overseeing smaller developments depending on experience
TDM Recruitment are constantly looking for technical coordinators to work for our clients including architectural practices, construction firms and various property developers.
Alternatively, why not sign up for our job alerts or read our blog for the latest industry news and developments from TDM Recruitment.